Re: Effort to change IETF's copying conditions for RFCs

On Thursday 06 October 2005 06:57, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I know the copying conditions of IETF RFC's has been a concern for
> Debian in the past, and that the RFCs has been removed from the
> official archive (?), so I thought this would be of some interest to
> you.  I am trying to influence the IETF to change the copying
> conditions on RFCs to make them more free software friendly.

This would be great to get this clarified, as I believe the RFCs were always
intended to be available for unlimited distribution. I totally support
lobbying to get the the IETF to make it clear. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>