Re: RFC on mysql 4.1 in sarge

hey,

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 02:49:13AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I see the same three options.  Joey has said he is working on a final woody
> point release for the last weekend in May; you'll probably need to
> coordinate with him and get something uploaded soon if you want to try for
> this option.

okay, i'm going to make an upload to stable-proposed-updates at some
point this weekend, after i've verified that i can make such a fix.
i'll then leave it joey to decide whether or not it warrants being
included.

> 3 does not sound so bad to me; it's arguably user error anyway to replace a
> package-provided directory with a symlink in this manner, so having a corner
> case of "partially upgraded woody system and installing mysql-server-4.1 and
> messed with a package directory" is not the end of the world...

that's my thoughts.  anyone who jumps from mysql-server in woody to
mysql-server-4.1 in a completely new release of debian without
dist-upgrading their system first should *expect* for there to be a
problem, and at the very least we've gone out of our way to identify it
and tell them what they have to do to fix it :)

	sean