Re: Temporal Release Strategy

>>>>> "wesley" == Wesley J Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> writes:

    wesley> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 08:12, Patrick A. Ouellette
    wesley> wrote:
    >> PROPOSAL FOR DISCUSSION:
    >>
    >> I suggest we can eliminate the traditional concept of a
    >> "release" with the addition of another step in the progression
    >> from unstable to stable.  Additionally, all promotion of
    >> packages from one step to the next will be automated according
    >> to strict rules.
    >>
    >> The progression I see is:
    >>
    >> unstable -> testing -> candidate -> stable

    wesley> I like the spirit of this idea, although I'm sure the
    wesley> details need a lot of working over. (This could, but
    wesley> wouldn't need to *replace* releases--it could simply
    wesley> augment the release creation process.)

    wesley> I'm interested to hear other's ideas on why this is/is not
    wesley> a good idea, and what technical/logistical hurdles would
    wesley> prevent this from being done.

    Maybe a better approuch could be a more restrict testing rules and
    then remove the need of one temporary distribution (candidate, in
    this case).

    I think if we have a testing more close then now we can have it in
    releasable state faster and then allow releases more frequently
    but I can be wrong.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116