Re: NEW queue and ftp-master approval

|| On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:31:55 +0100
|| Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

gvb> How often does it actualy happen that ftp-master rejects the name of a
gvb> package? Did anyone have that happen to him/her when adding a new deb
gvb> to old source ever?

>> This is not the only problem. ftp-master's also do some checks to see
>> if we aren't do massive fragmentation of packages. I, personally, was
>> one person who have a rejected package because I splited one and
>> wasn't need.

gvb> Then other DDs will lart you and you revert the change. If it happens
gvb> before the package enters sarge that should be painless.

gvb> I could live with that if it means a lot more packages don't get stuck
gvb> in NEW. But maybe that is just me.

I could live with that too. I was only describing some possible
problem we could be exposed.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116