Re: NEW queue and ftp-master approval

|| On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:56:20 +0100
|| Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@debian.org> wrote:

>> Why not automate the NEW queue for packages with prior source versions
>> in the archive? Worst case ftp-master has to remove a deb with silly
>> name from archive and kick the DD for it.
>>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong.

bfaf> I think you're right. There is always way to remove wrong packages, and
bfaf> developer which uploaded it could be warned if that case.
bfaf> It's still better than waiting for approval for a month, like it is already.

It can have bad implications on user side. If ftp-master remove a
package of sid, for example, we can have users using the previous
'silly name' and then it will not be upgraded. Otherwise if maintainer
include a Replaces, bla bla bla in control. But this will not be true
for every silly named package.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116