Re: changing architecture from any to all

David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:07:25AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org> schrieb:
>>
>> > If one changes the architecture of a package from "any" to "all" but
>> > makes no change to the package name, does this require any special
>> > manual intervention, or would an upload that makes such a change go
>> > through as quickly as a normal upload would go through?  Hypothetical
>> > situation: a compiled executable gets replaced with a shell script.
>>
>> Not so hypothetical: I've done this with netenv, which compiled a small
>> executable from C code just because the upstream author didn't know how
>> to do bitwise calculations in bash; I replaced the calls to that execu-
>> table by
>>
>>     let R1=$((~N1 & 255 | I1))
>>     let R2=$((~N2 & 255 | I2))
>>
>> and similar, and *woosh* it was Architecture: all.
>
> Skip the let, and *woosh*, it's even POSIX compliant shell script... =)

I must say I didn't bother about POSIXness, since the upstream version
uses lots of bashisms, anyway. And I don't recall why I put the let in
there; I guess that's also from the upstream version (there must have
been "let R1=`trpnc $N1 $I1`" in it).

Thanks for the hint.

Regards, Frank
--