Re: changing architecture from any to all

Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org> schrieb:

> If one changes the architecture of a package from "any" to "all" but
> makes no change to the package name, does this require any special
> manual intervention, or would an upload that makes such a change go
> through as quickly as a normal upload would go through?  Hypothetical
> situation: a compiled executable gets replaced with a shell script.

Not so hypothetical: I've done this with netenv, which compiled a small
executable from C code just because the upstream author didn't know how
to do bitwise calculations in bash; I replaced the calls to that execu-
table by

    let R1=$((~N1 & 255 | I1))
    let R2=$((~N2 & 255 | I2))

and similar, and *woosh* it was Architecture: all.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich