Re: Resignation

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 20:11, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Is that a rhetorical question?
> >
> > Doesn't look like it to me. When reading your post above I was about to
> > reply with the identical phrase, before I thought, "let's see what ajt
> > has to say in reply first".
> >
> > Herbert has made an awesome contribution for a long period of time,
> > to the Debian project.
> >
> > His quittting is not "useful" to you (/Debian), but I imagine it could
> > be particularly useful to Herbert.
> >
> > And how selfish would it be of us to begrudge him such a change/ new
> > freedoms, etc?
>
> Hey, he might as well throw himself from the nearest high building, that's
> his prerogative, but if he has the right to comment about it on the mailing
> lists, then I don't see why I don't have, too.

Of course you do; did anyone say otherwise.

And exactly because you did, and that your comments belied a particular
view which I believe is incorrect and based on a misunderstanding on
your part, that you are being responded to. Anyway... you're right about
we're getting a bit pedantic now.

> > This whole conversation is about "putting yourself in another's shoes".
>
> Not really, it's more like the usual harassment of Joy for speaking his
> mind :)

:)

And!: !!Coming Soon!!:

The Debian Joy Harassment HOWTO...
Learn the tricks of pedantry, rhetoric and downright sarcasm.
Put Socraties himself to shame as you slice and dice your way through
innocent and benign comments, slandering authors and sending allcomers
to literary hell...

Buy Now! and receive your FREE report: How To Be A Literary Prostetute,
from the world's formost expert at the illustrious AdTI (Anorexis de
Trickoneuve Institute)'s one-and-only Licketh Brown.

Hm ... getting a tiny bit OT sorry :/