Re: [debian-devel] Re: fixing debconf stdin bug

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy Tore Anderson a következőeket írta:
> * Manoj Srivastava
>
>  > 	Policy merely states that you must needs use a debconf like
>  >  mechanism to talk to the user -- something that follows the policy
>  >  spec. That does not imply that debconf has sole rights -- one could
>  >  well have an alternate mechanism to talk to the user, which is policy
>  >  compliant, and not debconf.
>  >
>  > 	Hence, stealing away stdin is a bug.
>
>   For what it's worth, policy 6.3 also states you should use /dev/tty
>  for interaction with the user

Hence stealing away stdin is not a bug.

>  it will only affect packages that are
>  already buggy from failing to use /dev/tty for their non-Debconf
>  interaction.

Which means that stealing away stdin is a good mechanism to enforce
policy conformant behaviour. (instead of being a bug)

Make apt also steal stdin (if it isn't stolen already),
file an RC bug against all packages which fail to
install this way, and drop 'em out from Debian.

Well, maybe I am kidding a bit, but I would like to see
extremely hard measures towards release time. See how they
have helped the kernel, and how Linus himself was surprised
that the developers behaved themselfes.

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból