fixing debconf stdin bug

I submitted a patch to the bug (142944) in debconf where it does not
restore stdin when doing db_stop.

Joey Hess beleives that this patch will cause problems for postinst
scripts that don't do db_stop before starting a daemon.  There appear
to be about 78 packages that do this, but I don't see why an extra
file descriptor (4) open to what was stdin when the postinstall was
originally started would cause problems.  fd 3 is already open to the
debconf frontend, which could cause problems for debconf, but I havn't
seen any code specificly working around that bug.  (My patch also
fixes that in db_stop.)

Packages using both debconf and ucf are needing to work around this
bug.  I've seen three different ways of doing so, mine is probably
both ugliest and (IMHO) most likely to do the right thing.

What pacakges would be adversly affacted by having fd 4 open to what
was stdin?  Would you be willing to add db_stop fix this problem?

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html