Re: Ignoring the truth or Hiding problems?

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 03:56:30AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

> >> Does Ryan even get the mail? Doesn't James control where the mail goes
> >> to?

> > WTF, you're accusing James of keeping Ryan from getting emails about buildd
> > problems?  How paranoid is *that*?

> Truefully I can't say what happens to the mails. Since noone seems to
> reply to any of them they could accidentally end up in /dev/null just
> as any other place. I don't think it is paranoid to consider a faulty
> mail routing when none of the mails are knwon to have arrived.

> I didn't and don't accuse James of willfully keeping anyone from
> getting the mails but accidents do happen.

> If someone got a reply to his mail then speak up so we know it worked
> at least at some point.

I've gotten replies from various buildd maintainers on occasion in reply to
requeue requests, etc.  The feedback is nice to have when it happens and I
appreciate their effort in replying, but I'm not stuck on it so log as the
work gets done.  FWIW, the s390 buildd admin (Gerhard Tonn is the official
contact @buildd.debian.org) tends to be among the quickest to address
requeue issues in my experience, but I don't think he's ever acked my
emails about these -- there's definitely no correlation between email
acknowledgements and fixed packages.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer