Re: Installed-Size and block size

On 2004-10-06 16:09 +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Andre Majorel <aym-naibed@teaser.fr>
>
> > Is the Installed-Size field supposed to be computed for a specific
> > block size, or can I just go with a usual block size like 4k ?
>
> Do not try to compute Installed-Size by hand - dpkg-gencontrol will do
> it for you correctly.

For my enlightenment, what does dpkg-gencontrol do that is more
correct than summing st_blocks ?

> That is, unless you have a specific very good reason to bypass
> dpkg-gencontrol (or its debhelper wrapper).

I only use dpkg-architecture and dpkg-deb -b. Everything under
DEBIAN/ is generated by hand.

> Do you?

Those are packages for a proprietary product. I looked into
debhelper but it was just getting in the way by forcing me to use
a framework that seemed overly complex and not well suited to our
(my employer's) procedures.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondance.