Re: Installed-Size and block size

Scripsit Andre Majorel <aym-naibed@teaser.fr>

> Is the Installed-Size field supposed to be computed for a specific
> block size, or can I just go with a usual block size like 4k ?

Do not try to compute Installed-Size by hand - dpkg-gencontrol will do
it for you correctly.

That is, unless you have a specific very good reason to bypass
dpkg-gencontrol (or its debhelper wrapper). Do you?

--
Henning Makholm          "Also, the letters are printed. That makes the task
                        of identifying the handwriting much more difficult."