Re: Don't understand build failure

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:

> Hi.
>
> Perhaps I'm just dumb, but I don't fully understand what is going wrong
> here:
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=eli&ver=4.4.0-10&arch=mips&stamp=1077349278&file=log&as=raw

gcc -DGORTO -I../idl -I/usr/X11R6/include Actions.o Arrange.o Bitmaps.o Debug.o DepLayout.o Drawing.o Graph.o Hide.o Lido.o Main.o MainList.o MainWindow.o Message.o Order.o OrdStrategy.o PathFind.o PopupUtil.o ProdCreate.o ProdDep.o ProdDraw.o ProdMenu.o ProdSelect.o ProdSymbol.o ProdUtil.o Reftab.o Resources.o SymbAttrs.o SymbCreate.o SymbDep.o SymbDraw.o SymbMenu.o SymbProd.o SymbSelect.o SymbUtil.o Util.o VisitCreate.o VisitDraw.o VisitLife.o VisitMenu.o VisitSelect.o VisitUtil.o Compile.o ../option/opt_input.o ../middle/order/gorto.a ../idl/IDL.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE  ../ligascel/printerr.o ../ligascel/err.o ../ligascel/source.o -lm -o ../ligaGorto.exe
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libICE.so.6, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libXpm.so.4, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so: undefined reference to `XpmReadFileToPixmap'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> It complains not to be able to find libXpm.so.4 and libxpm4 really
> doesn't show up in the list of installed packages at the beginning.
> But how is this possible as libxpm-dev is being installed and
> it depends on libxpm4?
>
> Can someone give me a clue?

It complains that libXaw.so cannot find its libs. You are not linking
in libxpm4 and I don't see why you should. From the output I would
_guess_ libXaw or libXpm are missing versioned Depends or Conflicts.
If thats the case you would have to check. I would start with
libXaw.so and check if its linked correctly.

> Gruesse,
> --
> Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
> www: http://www.djpig.de/