Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:21:14PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 Feb 2004 10:30 pm, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > I belive that will risks a monoculture of developers. If, as seems to be have
> > been suggested, the DAM has a problem with impatient people, then we get no
> > impatient people in Debian, regardless of ability. Just because you happen
> > to have the "personality flaw de jour" I don't believe you should be excluded
> > from Debian.
> >
> James did *not* say "impatient", he said "ridiculously impatient". Not that
> this applies to Goswin, but to be honest, I don't feel like seeing people in
> the project who troll because their NEW package got not accepted within two
> days.

I think he picked impatient just as an example. I don't think he saw
my rejection where that point was used. Mark that down as coincidence
unless prooven otherwise.

> > 4. If the a committee member (or DAM) has a personal problem with a NM, they
> > should declare a conflict of interest and let some vice-DAM or vice committee
> > member take their place in that case.
> >
> That's rubbish. There is nobody inside the project who has so much experience
> with judging others like James.

There is also noone inside the project (or out) that hates me as much
as James, if you can measure hate.

> > It is my belief that that would be fairer than the current system.
> >
> It's my conviction that is is completely unnecessary.
>
> > I think the monthly flamewar should be a hint. Even if you personally do not
> > believe there is a problem with the NM process:
> >
> >  - Do you believe the regular flamewars are a heinous waste of time and need
> > to stop?
> It's not my problem if people think they have enough time to start flamewars,
> is it?
>
> >  - Do you believe it is inevitable that these flamewars will occur?
> >
> Andrew Suffield once mentioned the "stupidity of people" on #debian-devel at
> FreeNode. So, yes, it probably is. With any system.
>
> > I would answer Yes and No. I think we can take steps to minimize the amount of
> > NM process flamage.

I have the feeling that the general trend of NM flames is decreasing
with every change or correction done to the system. Improvements seem
to help.

MfG
        Goswin