An outsider point of view on thread:

   #4 Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software

Is it just a pretext for non-free programs inclusion? I'm wondering,
by reading so many times that only DD opinions "count for much".

>> > People who aren't developers have less experience working with Debian
>> > almost by definition:
>> Uh? That's obviously nonsense.
>
> This from someone who doesn't know how to find out who's on the technical
> ctte, or how to find the public archives of their mailing list? Oh well,
> obviously another thing you don't know is the knowledge you're missing
> out on.

The whole point is way too much confusing. Someone wrote "People who
aren't developers have less experience working with Debian almost by
definition". What does experience working with Debian mean? Working
with the operating system Debian or with the Debian community? While
"by definition", a DD surely have good chances to have greater
experience working with the Debian community than anybody else, a DD
does not necessarily at all now more about the Debian OS than a non-DD.

But what annoys me more in this discussion is the tone of the
messages.

Can't you keep off the discussion personal attacks? Can't you just
stick to facts and avoid any comments based your very own opinions
about others persons involved knowledge?

If you cannot, you do not deserve a position when you can decide who
should be able to contribute or not. You are proving that  "the people
who" should "do the judging are" not necessarily "the ones in charge
of the area", because technical knowledge in no way means management
capabilities.

Your attitude, from the outside, clearly does not speak in favor of
Debian. It just looks like a miserable conflict of power which have
nothing to do with improving Debian. I hope things are not what they
seems to be. A pity.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |