Re: Linux 2.6.0

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 08:32:01PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > That bit sounds like worthwile.. but I'd still need a more general description
> > of what the patches do. I'm concerned about incompatibilities with other
>
> Actually I see the problem that this is not a single patch but quite a
> lot of patches merged.

Sort of like a fork, then.. that's a showstopper. I can't apply a patch that
contains a lot of merged patches without analising what each of them does.

If someone splits the part we're interested in, it could be added to my
package, but then I'd see no reason why it couldn't be added to Herbert's
kernel-patch-debian-2.6.0 (which my package uses) or even merged in upstream.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)