Re: Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org):

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:49:54AM -0600, Billy Biggs wrote:
> > Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org):
> >
> > > It's "pass a few more text fields through to the menu methods, and
> > > use them to generate .desktop files" versus "rewrite everything".
> >
> > You sure it's "rewrite everything"?  A script to parse all .desktop
> > files in /usr/share/applications and output the same as
> > 'update-menus
>
> Straw man, again. The proposal was to rewrite all menu entries as
> .desktop files - yeah, I'm sure that means rewriting them all.

  Agreed on that, but it's not rewriting all of the menu package, which
is what I felt your post implied.  Rewriting all menu files is fairly
trivial and does not have to be done all at once.

  -Billy