Re: The term "Custom Debian Distribution" (Was Re: [custom] The term "flavor" and encouraging work on Debian)

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 09:00:05PM +0100, cobaco wrote:
>   -> if you don't allow temporary solutions while low priority debconf
>       question get included, than there currently are no CDD's as
>       custom configuration is necessary to support a CDD's target group
>       out-of-the-box.

This isn't totally true. Some CDDs are happy just working on a group
of packages that weren't around before and allowing for a task,
metapackage, or something similar. Low priority debconf questions are
way of solving a "we want something other than the default
*configuration* for a given set of packages" problem. This seems like
a thing that many, but not necessary all, CDDs will want to do.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill