Re: exim4-config and exim4-base installed on systems with non-exim-MTA

* Tore Anderson

| * Marc Haber
|
|  > The way -config does the configuration is something that is questioned
|  > by a lot of people. Most conservative eximists hate the configuration
|  > being split out in several files,
|
|   Absolutely, this is a slight convenience for the packagers which causes
|  a major inconvenience to the users.  Well, in my opinion anyway.

It also makes it possible for packages such as clamav, spamassassin
and mailman to seamlessly drop in support in a fairly clean way.

|   The Apache 2 packages does much of the same, sadly.

For the same reason, mostly.  If you want to get a headache some day,
please take a look at apacheconfig (it's part of the apache package)
in woody.  It tries to maintain the httpd.conf file.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-