exim4-config and exim4-base installed on systems with non-exim-MTA

Hi,

as co-maintainer for the exim4-packages, I have noticed an issue with
dselect. Currently, exim4 is the default MTA, and exim4, exim4-base,
exim4-config and exim4-daemon-light are Priority: important, while
exim4-daemon-light provides mail-transport-agent. The exact package
dependencies can be seen in the archive.

This causes dselect to install exim4-base and exim4-config on a system
that has some other (non-exim) MTA installed, which is a bad thing.

I have discussed this with Andreas, and we didn't find a solution,
since the exim4-packages need to be installed and configured in a
certain order to be operational. Both of us are not adept in package
dependency declaration, so I would like to ask the experts how to
solve this problem.

Greetings
Marc