Re: Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:17:08PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:

| Thing is, none of this matters. If upstream support .desktop files,
| then we just run them through the script that converts them to Debian
| menu entries while installing. dh_installmenu would be a good place to
| do this.
|
| The extra features should be pretty simple to implement - just more
| text fields. That way we support the upstream menu entries in
| everything, not just kde and gnome.

Yeah, whatever.  Just so long as the current mess is resolved one way or
another, I don't have that strong a preference in favour of one system
or the other.  Given that extra features should be added to Debian's
menus anyway, and that no matter what happens there's going to be a need
to convert between .desktops and Debian menu entries, I can't see why it
should really matter which format is preferred.

Cameron.