Re: exim4-config and exim4-base installed on systems with non-exim-MTA

* Marc Haber

 > Splitting up the config file in small files was necessary to do
 > debconf support, which is a Debian requirement.

* Tore Anderson

 >   Debconf support is now required?  I'm flabbergasted.

* Joey Hess

 > debconf support is a requirement if you want to be supported
 > (reconfigured) by base-config, which is a requirement for our default
 > MTA.

  Quite.  However, as far as I know, base-config does not require the
 resulting configuration to be lots of tiny files as opposed to a single
 file, nor does it require the configuration to be split into a package
 of its own.  Policy does not require any of this either.

  These two issues are my main griefs with the Exim packages.  The
 existing debconf scripts are just fine;  I certainly do not wish to see
 them replaced with something akin to the old eximconfig script.

--
Tore Anderson