Re: Debian Enterprise?

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Andres Salomon wrote:

> After reading Andreas Tille's link on sub-projects, I'm leaning more
> towards that.  I have little doubt that a separate distribution (done
> correctly) would fly; look at the success of Knoppix, for example.
> However, my goals are more in line w/ the goals of a sub-project.
I do not have doubt that separate dirtibutions could fly.  I just wonder
if the effort to make it right is worth doing it instead of spending half
of the effort to make it right inside Debian.  Just note that Klaus
Knopper was *very* interested about my idea to integrate Knoppix stuff
into Debian.  He recognized that this could save him time even if the
first step of sane inclusion is quite hard.

Kind regards

         Andreas.