Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:23:01AM -0600, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:28:02AM -0500, Lukas Geyer wrote:
> > He, this would be a great signature... (Luca, oxygen is the quite
> > essential stuff you breathe, constitutes about 20% of the air around
> > us...)
>
> eh, dict.org was down so i could not check them. A quick google search
> showed too many things to be sure (my primary doubt was with
> flogiston).

A quick check tells me you wouldn't find it there anyway, so I'll
describe it to the best of my abilities:

According to alchemists and chemists a long time ago (well, a couple of
hundred years at least), Flogiston was a substance that
lacked colour, taste, scent and weight, which was a part of all matter
that could burn, hence its name (from the Greek Phlogiston, which means
combustion). According to this theory, fire in vacuum was possible.

Antoine Laurent Lavoisier proved later on that oxygen was needed for
combustion.

[snip]

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //