MailMan VERP (Was: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?)

Steve C. Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:18:58PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > of course we should, if upstream's default is broken.  (Like sending
> > out monthly reminders for mailman lists, which I've turned off.)
>
>     This is a *good thing* and should be left enabled.

A better thing would be for the list to send out one of its normal
messages as VERP. This way no one gets a goddess-awfull monthly
reminder,and the list gets the benefit of batch deliveriers most of the
time, and the occasional culling of non-functional email addresses.

-john