Re: dpkg-dev 1.10.11 incompatible changes.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> I can do that (but not before friday), but as it is very simple and
> short I'll repeat it here: Take an extracted package (I used
> volume.app), append ~ to the version-number in debian/changelog
> and run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -sd -rfakeroot -S". The resulting
> source-package cannot be unpacked with woody's dpkg-source.

Well, duh.  You can't do that.  You won't be able to do that until dpkg-source
that supports it is in stable.  This is standard feature rollout for debian.
In fact, if you tried to upload such a package, dinstall would probably reject
it(I remember asking for such a filter).