Re: unicode

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 14:11, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

> Is Debian aims to be unicode compatible system?

IANADD - but I guess the answer definitely is yes. But it's not a very urgent
task.

> If yes, then should I mail a bug report against packages which are not
> able to handle unicode?

If you manage to test for the right things next time, yes :-)
You might also ask on the i18n lists if you suspect a problem.

I think in most cases this would be a minor (or at most normal) bug.
Submitting a patch will in most cases help more in getting it fixed quickly
than a raised severity does.

cheers
-- vbi

--