Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On ma, 2003-07-21 at 21:10, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> The less facetious response is: Do we *know* that nobody would
> volunteer?  No, we don't.  I'm sure no DDs want to volunteer *while*
> there's someone officially in the job and the DPL is "satisfied" with
> them, as it might be perceived as an attack, and wouldn't have any
> effect anyway!

I've asked Martin Michlmayr, the DPL, and James Troup, the DAM, what it
would take for me to become an additional DAM, and gotten the advice
that I should start by getting involved with the NM process first, for a
while. I will be trying to do that next. I'm not promising any time
schedule, since I don't know how long it will take for me to become
intimate with the NM process.

--
Debian developers for gentleness.