Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:06:38AM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
>> Because it's inconvenient for everyone involved. Sometimes that
>> inconvenience is worth it (especially if one has confidence that it will be
>> in the short term, and it's being done in part to demonstrate that one can,
>> in fact, do the technical part of being a DD properly).

> It is my opinion that people who find it too inconvenient to work with an
> existing maintainer to review and upload their packages are unlikely to make
> a useful contribution as a maintainer.

I agree with your statement.

You aren't contradicting Joel though - he did not say anything about
/too/ inconvenient.

Initially I was very happy with having a sponsor doublecheck my work.
But after some months I was reasonable confident in my abilities as
packager and I got the impression that it was starting to become a
waste of time for both of us. (That is when I started the NM process.)
But this did not suddenly stop me from appreciating doublechecking
when I thought it was useful (co-maintained/difficult packages).
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_