Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:48:35AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> * Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> [2003-07-17 16:28]:
> > Well, debian-admin is not even able to answer simple questions.
>
> If your simple questions are as vague as this statement, I'm not
> surprised... (If you would give me some decent information I could
> look into it.)

The information starts here:

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200307/msg00839.html

The above link contains a list of everyone awaiting DAM approval at the
time of it's posting with the date they were sent to DAM for approval
and DAM comments if any.

As for specific non-vague questions:

   - Why are these people still waiting, many without a publicly stated
     reason?

   - Do you, as DPL, feel it is acceptable for someone to be keep
     awaiting DAM approval for more than 3 months without comment from
     the DAM?

   - What exactly are DAM's delegated powers and responsibilities?

   - Why has there been no response from DAM regarding this situation?

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar