Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 08:07:59PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Yet we let them in because they are called licenses.  And no, I'm not
>  asking to be able to change the _contract_ between the copyright owner
>  and the licensee.  I'm talking about the file.  I'm talking about this:
>
>      Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of
>      this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
>
>  It doesn't get any more non-free than that, does it?

Well, actually, yes it can.  It could say "all rights reserved".

And, incidentally, the specific issue you address has -- I'm sure you'll
be quite startled -- discussed at length on debian-legal.  Maybe you
ought to check out those archives?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Humor is a rubber sword - it allows
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    you to make a point without drawing