Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 02:12:02PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:54:00AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
>
> > If they are not software, then under clause one of the Social Contract,
> > they don't belong in debian.
> >
> > This has been debated several thousand times on -legal...
>
> I don't recall a consensus that software documentation does not belong in
> Debian.

That's because there wasn't one.  But if one wishes to partition the
stuff in Debian main into "software" and "non-software", one will need
to amend the Social Contract to discuss how we handle, and what
standards we apply to, non-software.

The Debian Social Contract says "Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software".
If there are things "in Debian" that are "not free" or "not software",
then we may be violation of our guiding principles.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Humor is a rubber sword - it allows
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    you to make a point without drawing