Re: Packages file under version control

* Cameron Patrick <cameron@patrick.wattle.id.au> [2003-06-03 09:11]:
> Anything to back this up?  I just did and apt-get update/dist-upgrade
> and it wants to download 86MB of stuff.  Considering that I last
> dist-upgraded my (sid) machine just a few days ago, I suspect that
> for anyone running unstable the Packages.gz and Sources.gz files will
> be the tip of the iceberg.

 NACK.  Do a "du -h /var/lib/apt/lists" to see what you are really
speaking about, and compare it to your 86MB.  Having unstable with
main/contrib/non-free in sources list this makes up to 14MB.  The main
Packages file itself makes 9,1MB.

 Please check yourself before you speak of "tip of the iceberg", thanks.

 So long!
Alfie
--
[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
                                  -- K&R