Re: package naming

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 03:25:15PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> Sure, the epoch is of course necessary.  What I am wondering about is how
> katie will react if a source package is uploaded which produces a binary
> package which is already produced by another source package.
>
> I.e., is there any thing one would need to be careful about, or
> does this Just Work?

It won't install the new package if the old one isn't removed first, but
if you upload the -cvs flavour at the same time as the normal one, the
binary package in the 'wrong' source package will go away, and problems
will solve themselves.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a