Re: Only .changes files are readable in NEW/

* Frank Lichtenheld (frank@lichtenheld.de) wrote:
> When I read http://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain correct, all
> Software that contains cryptographic functionality must be registered
> before it can legally be distributed. So the ftp-master must check if
> a new package contains cryptographic functionality and if it is
> already registered.

Just to clarify for people, this is for strong cryptographic export
outside of the US from within the US.  Registration isn't required for
distribution inside the US.  Obviously Debian has to deal with this
issue and I think the current way works fine but I'd rather not have
people thinking that to distribute crypto in the US they need to
register it.

	Stephen