Re: libpng3 upgrade will remove kde development packages

> > Shuttle:/home/josh# apt-get -s install libpng3
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > The following extra packages will be installed:
> >   libpng12-0
> > The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >   kdelibs4-dev kdesdk kspy libarts1-dev libartsc0-dev libpng12-0-dev
> >   libqt3-mt-dev
> > The following held packages will be changed:
> >   libpng12-0 libpng3
>
> This should be fine if you tell apt-get to install libpng12-dev
> explicitly.
> BTW, shouldn't APT deal with this case (conflicts/replaces/provides)
> automatically ?

On the other hand, it will break any package that has a
versioned dependency on libpng12-0-dev (I don't know if there are
any).

It is better to check it now, and file grave bugs against these
packages, or revert the change of package name.

You should check the Depends: field in Packages.gz and Build*Depends:
field from Sources.gz

regards,
	junichi