Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:10:57 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:53:14PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:59:59 +1000, Martin Pool
>> <mbp@sourcefrog.net> said:
>> > For example, at least two people called Hans a troll.  An
>> > upstream author expressing concern about the way their code is
>> > packaged is not trolling (i.e. making random arguments just to
>> > provoke flames.)

>> I find it interesting that you consider a public accusation of
>> plagiarism to be merely "expressing concern". However, I also find
>> your judgment in this horribly tainted, which leads me to place
>> less credence in the rest of your argument, sorry.

> What's that last sentence mean? I can only think of two
> interpretations:

> 	I don't like you, therefore I think your arguments are wrong.
> or
> 	I don't like your conclusion, therefore I think your arguments
> 	are wrong.

	Or the blindingly obvious choice: Your blatant spin displays a
 bias so huge that your arguments are no longer credible?

  	Or are you claiming that public accusations of plagiarization
 are normal expressions of concern? On what planet?

> Both make for inappropriately fallacious and prejudiced reasoning.

	And the missing third option doers not fit either category.

> Also, given the degree of hyperbole from developers on -devel, I
> don't think it's fair to take cries of "plagiarism" as being
> anything particularly out of line.

	You may be enured to unsubstantiated accusations of
 plagiarism, theft, idiocy, and worse, but please allow me the right of
 umbrage at such.

	manoj
--
Like a solid rock is not shaken by the wind, so the wise are not moved
by praise or blame. 81