Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:09:39 -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:19:17AM -0400, Michael Tindal wrote:
>> I do not understand your accusations here.  No one stated what you
>> said, and no one has delibaretly attempted to upset Hans.  Quite the
>> contrary, actually.  I have seen _several_ people attempting to find a
>> compromise,
>
> Indeed.  I don't know where Martin is getting that from; he certainly
> didn't provide any citations.  People on the Debian side have been
> extremely reasonable (at least when talking to Hans; not when talking
> to, say, Ben Collins ...)

For example, at least two people called Hans a troll.  An upstream author
expressing concern about the way their code is packaged is not trolling
(i.e. making random arguments just to provoke flames.)

I'm glad to see people are trying to find a compromise.  I'm sure one is
possible with some goodwill.

Perhaps Ed or Hans can post more history if it can't be resolved offline.

--
Martin