Re: anti-spam trick for debian ml (was Re: News about the Package Tracking System)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 06:28:06PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:

> > How about ensuring that all addresses on the Debian keyring are
> > whitelisted by default?
>
> As well as all gpg signed mail?

Spammers are starting to use faked pgp signature tags. The system should then
decode the signature, testing its validity, with the overhead and delay it
will produce.

I'd rather have a system that uses reportbug to create the initial
X-BTS-Accepted and stores valid addresses (which can be forged by viruses, but
that is another problem, then) and at least the keyring addresses.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Three hundred men's lives I have walked this earth and now I have no time.
		--Galdalf the White (The Two Towers)