Re: anti-spam trick for debian ml (was Re: News about the Package Tracking System)

Le Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 06:19:07PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli écrivait:
> > quantity of spam. As a first measure to avoid them I decided that any
> > email sent directly to the PTS should be auto-approved. Auto-approval is
> > easy, you just have to add an "X-PTS-Approved" header with a non-empty
> > value. If you don't do that, you get a bounce (and the bounce explains
> > you how to auto-approve your message).
>
> why not use this trick also for posts to debian mailing lists?

For the PTS it's ok as it's not something used regularly to send mails.

But for mailing lists it would be annoying to have to add an
extra-header each time you want to write to the list. And there are
people who don't use mutt or gnus and can't easily add arbitrary
headers. I really think that this auto-approval thingie is just a
temporary measure until we do something better.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com