Re: New project proposal: debian-lex

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:33:05PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Sami Haahtinen <ressu@ressukka.net>:
> > > "lex" is the better word, as it is not only known in English, but also
> > > in most other (roman) Languages for law.
> >
> > Oh right, in finland there is a site finlex.fi, which is ofcouse
> > obviously a site that contains the finnish law. This is the first time
> > i've even heard the definition for 'lex', i support naming it
> > debian-law, so that it's clear for the non-lawyers too.
>
> You forget that "lex, legis (f.)" is well known with lawyers. They'll
> immedialtely recognize it, since so many laws are of roman origin and
> many latin terms occur.

Are you trying to tell me, that if the list is named debian-lex, more
people will know what it means, than by naming it debian-law?

I think i can claim that pretty much all the lawyers that attend the
list, know english. Atleast enough to know what 'law' means.

Regards, Sami

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Notify immediately if you do not receive this message ]-