Re: New project proposal: debian-lex

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 07:24:55PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * David Goodenough (david.goodenough@btconnect.com) [030419 19:20]:
> >> [debian-lex]
> > In England there is a move to remove all the Latin and obscure language
> > from the Law, so I would suggest that the project should be called
> > Debian-law not Debian-lex.
>
> "lex" is the better word, as it is not only known in English, but also
> in most other (roman) Languages for law.

Oh right, in finland there is a site finlex.fi, which is ofcouse
obviously a site that contains the finnish law. This is the first time
i've even heard the definition for 'lex', i support naming it
debian-law, so that it's clear for the non-lawyers too.

Regards, Sami

 -- Law should serve the people, thus people should understand the law.

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Notify immediately if you do not receive this message ]-