Re: foo has reached testing, removing versioned build-depends?

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 03:50:23PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> I've read the changelog and the bug report closed by that earlier
> change, and removing the version still makes no sense. If earlier
> versions of debiandoc-sgml produce incorrect output, as reported, then
> the versioned build-dep should be left there, as it will help people
> trying to build with older versions to know what the problem is.

Its not always that black and white.

For instance (and I haven't checked in this case) maybe the version in
stable is OK...

This is something I don't like about build-depends, if a broken version
of a library appears in unstable, then people will set the build-depends
to require the fixed version (or greator), when the version of the
library in stable never had any problems to start off with.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>