Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> writes:

> You'll note that ReiserFS anticipated the GNU GPL V3 by including
> clauses that forbid removal of credits in its license, and for a long
> time I have been telling Stallman that he needs to get V3 of the GPL
> out the door.

Oh, I think it's natural to assume that these clauses are superfluous
because the GPL explicitly states that a distributor "may not impose
any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights
granted herein".  If these clauses were of any legal relevance, your
software wouldn't be redistributable at all.

Just don't use the GPL for your software if you don't like it, but
don't complain if anyone misunderstands your homemade license
mishmash.