Re: Freeze Please?

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:08:30PM -0700, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> Been quite a while since the last major release.
> Many major components of the system have been substantially upgraded.
> Testing is working quite well, both the dist and the process.

To explain, perhaps more clearly: the reason 'testing is working quite
well' is simply because glibc 2.3 is holding all of the packages in
unstable from migrating back to testing. If you think "oh, there haven't
been any updates in testing for a long time, there mustn't be any bugs",
then you have a very wrong view of the state of affairs. As soon as
glibc 2.3 is sorted out, I imagine testing users will see about 100
packages to download in only a matter of days. Then the *real* work will
begin.

I would vote that once glibc 2.3 and the gcc 3.2 transition seem
stable, then we definitely start discussing the merits of freeze.

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_