Re: Freeze Please?

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:08:30PM -0700, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> Been quite a while since the last major release.

Sounds familiar. :-)

> Many major components of the system have been substantially upgraded.
> Testing is working quite well, both the dist and the process.

But glibc is holding back almost 4 months' work in unstable. Expect major
changes (gcc 3.2 transition comes to mind), which means more time needed
to iron out bugs.

> Everyone is back from winter vacation and settled in.
> Shouldn't we be starting to freeze?

It's been hitting -20C (-4F) around here; I'm pretty frozen already. ;-)

[snip]
> (Okay, I know libc6 is in trouble with no light at the end of the
> tunnel.  Is it worth holding up the release?  Release Manger, raise
> our spirits!)
[snip]

And just how would we release with RC bugs still stuck in libc6? (No
sarcasm, just wondering if you knew something I didn't.)

PNP = Plug 'N' Pray