Re: Bundling .debs

We are managing around 120 computers under Debian, first with an
unstable snapshot made between potato and woody, and now woody.
They are not all of the same type (let say 4 different models),
with 3-4 different software configurations.
All the installation process is managed by FAI [1] (available on Woody) and
is good enough for our needs. And perhaps for yours.
The main problem we had and that is not solved by the solution proposed
above is about packages which are not using debconf. Exim is an example.
About distributing debconf data, you may use an LDAP backend.
We didn't test it but IMHO instead of copying the whole data, just configure
debconf seems better.

Matthieu Delahaye

[1]: http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/