Advice needed : Oracle and Debian Linux

Hi,

I have to install an Oracle (and Progress) databases here ... but a
question remains in my mind ;o) ... In Oracle's website they say that
Oracle is supported only in a few rpm based distros ...

I know that Oracle <and Progress> run on Debian/Linux ... but what kind
of problem I can expect doing this ? And what kind of solution (other
than installing RedHat) can I try ?

Those database servers will serve a 'mid sized' network ..( will provide
storage too .. to windows clients using samba). I was thinking to use
NBD (Network Block Device) and RAID (5 by hardware and 1 by software) to
mirror two servers using a 'crossover' gigabit link.

What you (debian minds) think ? =)

C'ya !

[]'s