Re: Advice needed : Oracle and Debian Linux

Il ven, 2003-06-13 alle 22:47, Theo Cabrerizo Diem ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have to install an Oracle (and Progress) databases here ... but a
> question remains in my mind ;o) ... In Oracle's website they say that
> Oracle is supported only in a few rpm based distros ...

Actually you only have oracle for linux i386 and s390. I never tried
s390, but I tried many times oracle on Intel and AMD and I alway had a
lot of problem installing it. The installation procedure have problem
with locales, with java on AMD, during the relink and even with libc6 in
testing (you have to look for a patch on the web for oracle 9 and you
will never be able to run oracle 8 in testing).

You of course will never receive help from oracle, and you will not be
able to ask for help to oracle.

If you manage to install it, then it runs fine.

Bye,
Giuseppe